Do you have 5-10 years of successful Human Resources leadership experience?
Are you attracted to a company culture of inclusiveness and trust – where what you do makes a difference?
Are you a strong facilitator and coach? – inquisitive, empathetic, approachable and motivated to drive change?
If so . . . My client, WUSTHOF TRIDENT OF AMERICA in Norwalk, CT has an exciting opportunity for an HR Director.
Family-owned and operated for seven generations, WUSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany in 1814 and all product is still made in that location. The vision that began in a small shears factory over 200 years ago continues to guide their values of superior craftsmanship, environmental commitment, sustainable performance and a passion to deliver excellence in all of their products and services.
Renowned as Cutlery Experts, WUSTHOF has set the standard for designing and manufacturing the world's finest cutlery and sharpening tools. Wusthof's Classic and Grand Prix series have been recognized as top-rated knives by Consumer Reports and are consistently given high ratings by Cook's Illustrated Magazine.
As HR Director you will:
- Create an environment of shared leadership where every Wüsthof employee is included.
- Create and facilitate the continuous development of leaders in the organization.
- Provide a positive role model for leadership that is consistent with the organizations vision, values and goals.
- Nurture and grow the culture.
- Alignment/implementation within the entire organization of the shared leadership strategy
- Increase leadership capacity within Wüsthof
- Oversee H.R. Systems/Compliance
- Advocate for the well-being of all Wüsthof employees
What we expect from you:
- All employees report that they understand the vision, values, goals and strategy of shared leadership.
- All employees report being engaged in conversations around the vision, goals, values and ground rules set forth in the vision document and as created by the individual departments.
- All employees report feeling connected to the vision, values and goals of Wüsthof.
- All employees report feeling a positive connection to their immediate supervisor.
- All employees report feeling a positive connection to the ELT.
- Managers feel that H.R. supports and understands their department's challenges, successes and progress on creating shared leadership.
- That new systems are created to support and create consistency for increased shared leadership.
The right candidate will be:
- Ready to challenge and be challenged
- Open to possibilities
- Not attached to outcomes
- 5 – 10 years HR experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated Leadership and change process management
- Ability to develop effective relationships
- Experience in HR leadership development
- Skilled in growing, learning and creating
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills – able to prioritize well
- Superior conflict resolution skills
- Excellent listener who works to bring others to consensus
Resumes should be emailed as Word document attachment from your laptop or desktop to: firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-267-2690